Clarkson Music Theatre presents the fun, energetic musical comedy: “All Shook Up”! Join us for this special production, filled with the timeless songs of Elvis Presley , complete with roustabouts, motorcycles, pink convertibles and more!
Director Craig Marshall
Choreographer Bob Riddell
Music Director Jenny Peace
Producers Rita Ferguson, Christine McMahon, Susan Wray Toogood
Stage Manager John Dalgleish
At Meadowvale Theatre, 6315 Montevideo Road, Mississauga, ON L5N 4G7
905-615-4720 / for tickets orders: www.encoretix.org
Nov.18, 19, 24, 25, 26 - 2016 @ 8 p.m. / Nov.20, 26, 27/ 2016 @ 2 p.m.
Adults $28 / Seniors and Students $26
Synopsis of “All Shook Up”
“All Shook Up” is a new musical comedy built around a number of songs made famous by Elvis Presley. It's NOT a biographical revue. It takes place in 1955, somewhere in middle- America, where one girl's dream and a surprise visit from a mysterious leather-jacketed, guitar-playing stranger help a small town to discover the magic of romance and the power of rock & roll. Along the way, townspeople re-examine their preconceived notions of race, class and appearance. Unraveling all the love stories is part of the fun as Dennis falls for Natalie who loves Chad who loves Miss Sandra who loves Ed and so it goes in a very “Twelfth Night” way. The story line is reminiscent of Grease, Footloose and Happy Days but the music is vintage Elvis. There are lots of opportunities for ensemble of a variety of ages. Among the 24 songs featured in the score are classics like "Heartbreak Hotel," "Love Me Tender," "Don't Be Cruel," "Can't Help Falling in Love," and of course the title tune.
Rehearsal Details and Other Dates:
- Rehearsal /Audition Venue: Christ Church, 1700 Mazo Crescent (Clarkson Road and Truscott, Mississauga)
- Rehearsals: Monday and Wednesday evenings 7:30 – 10:30 / Saturday from 10 am to about 4:30 p.m. Rehearsals begin August 22, 2016 and run as scheduled till we open Nov.18. (no rehearsal Labour Day [Sept.5] or Thanksgiving Day [October 10])
- Attendance policy – Strictly enforced. Conflicts must be declared at time of Audition.
- Additional dates: Costume Parade - Tuesday Nov.1 / Principals with Orchestra Rehearsal - Oct 30 / Full Cast and Orchestra rehearsals – Sunday Nov.6 / Move-In to Theatre - Sunday Nov.13 (8 am to 5p.m.) / Dark Week Nov.14 – 17 (6 p.m. to 11 p.m.) – ALL CAST MUST ATTEND THESE DATES AS LISTED.
- Presented At Meadowvale Theatre: Nov.18, 19, 24, 25, 26 @ 8 p.m. /Nov.20, 26, 27 @ 2 p.m.
How to Audition - Book your audition by emailing email@example.com after April 1st, 2016
Audition Requirements - Auditions are by appointment June 6 and June 7 – 5 minute time slots booked from 7 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. at Christ Church. Candidates should prepare one verse and one chorus – your choice, but preferably any Elvis song – including one from “All Shook Up” (or one in Elvis’ style) – Whatever you choose, please select a song appropriate for the role you are interested in. Bring accompanist’s music suitably bound in a binder. Also prepare a one minute memorized comedic monologue (any source) which again highlights the character that most interests you. All Candidates will be required to participate in a 20 minute movement workshop from 8:20 p.m. to 8:40 p.m. on the evening of their audition. Please come dressed appropriately. Auditions will be booked between 7 p.m. to 8:20 and 8:45 p.m. to 10:30.
The Call Back June 9 - Successful candidates will be notified Wednesday June 8 by email to attend the Call Back on June 9 – 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. @ Christ Church. Finalists will sing a selection for your character from “All Shook Up” (required titles will be listed on the website and sent to the candidates with their Call Back invitation). Candidates will also perform cold readings with various partners. Please note that candidates may be cast in a role without a call back. The successful candidates will be invited to accept their roles on or about June 10 – 12.
Dance Call JUNE 4 - We hope to cast 8 females and 4 males for our dance core. A separate dance call will be held on Saturday June 4th from 10 am to 1 p.m. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to book your place in the dance call. Prospective Dancers will be taught a song to perform for the team before you dance. Applicants will learn a dance number in the style of “All Shook Up” and applicants will perform this number by the end of the dance call. If you wish to be considered for a principal role, you should book an audition as well as attend the dance call.
The Ensemble - Clarkson members in good standing must contact Christine McMahon (email@example.com ) by May 31st in order to hold their place in the ensemble. Non Clarkson members must audition for a place in the ensemble. There are many featured roles in “All Shook Up”. Ensemble who would like to be considered for any of the featured roles in “All Shook Up” should come out to audition.
- All cast members must be able to move well.
- Attendance at rehearsals is imperative. You will be required to declare your conflicts for the rehearsal schedule at the time of audition. You may miss no more than three rehearsals.
- Ensemble who wish to be given first consideration for non-principal roles should audition.
- Cast members are required to volunteer ten hours toward the production (e.g.: set construction and painting, fund-raising, other).
- Clarkson Performing Membership Fees $30 Single Membership / $40 Family Membership
- There is also a $10 fee to cover the cost of printed materials.
Cast of “All Shook Up”
- NATALIE HALLER – Young woman and an excellent mechanic. More at home in greasy overalls than a dress. Age: 20-35/ voice range: ALTO/ Dance Ability: STRONG DANCER
- CHAD – A great-lookin’, motorcylin’, guitar playin’, leather-jacketed roustabout, Age: 20 – 35/, voice range: BARITONE / Dance Ability: STRONG DANCER
- JIM HALLER- Natalie’s widowed father. Middle aged and messy, he still longs for his wife, Age: 40 – 60/ voice range: BARITONE / Dance Ability: strong sense of movement
- SYLVIA – The no-nonsense, African American owner of Sylvia’s Honky Tonk, Age: 40 - 60 / voice range: ALTO / Dance Ability: strong sense of movement (Although described as "African American", this is not necessarily a requirement of the role. If this is a role that you would be interested in, please make sure to indicate so on your audition form.)
- LORRAINE- Sylvia’s teenage daughter. Pretty, smart and a total romantic, Age:16 – 20/ voice range: ALTO/ DANCE ABILITY: Must move well
- DENNIS – An awkward young man. He aspires to be a dentist, Age: 20 - 35 / voice range: TENOR/ Dance Ability: Must move well
- MISS SANDRA – The beautiful, intellectual caretaker of the town’s museum, Age: 20 – 35/ voice range: ALTO / Dance Ability: must move well
- MAYOR MATILDA HYDE – The town’s very conservative mayor, Age: 40 - 60 / voice range: SOPRANO/ Dance Ability: strong sense of movement
- DEAN HYDE – Matilda’s teenage son. He has spent his youth at military boarding schools and he has never disobeyed his mother, Age:16 – 25 / voice range: TENOR / Dance Ability: must move well
- SHERIFF EARL – The law in town and a man of not many words. He loyally follows the Mayor wherever she goes., Age: 40 – 60/ voice range: BARITONE / Dance Ability: moderate range of movement
- Overture – Orchestra
- Jailhouse Rock – Chad, Inmate Ensemble
- Heartbreak Hotel - Dennis, Sylvia, Lorraine, Jim Haller, & Ensemble
- Roustabout - Chad
- One Night With You - Natalie
- C'mon Everybody - Chad, Company
- Follow That Dream - Chad, Natalie
- Teddy Bear/Hound Dog - Chad, Miss Sandra, Dennis, Natalie
- Teddy Bear Dance
- That's All Right - Chad, Dennis, Lorraine, Dean Hyde, Sylvia, Ensemble
- It's Now or Never - Dean Hyde, Lorraine & Ensemble
- Love Me Tender – Chad, Natalie
- Blue Suede Shoes - Natalie, Chad, & Ensemble
- Don't Be Cruel - Chad, Jim Haller
- Let Yourself Go - Miss Sandra, Ensemble
- I Can't Help Falling in Love - Sylvia, Dennis, Miss Sandra, Chad, Jim Haller, Natalie, Lorraine, Dean Hyde, Ensemble
- All Shook Up - Chad, Natalie, Jim Haller, Dennis, Dean Hyde, Sylvia, Miss Sandra, Lorraine & Ensemble
- It Hurts Me - Dennis & Ensemble
- A Little Less Conversation - Natalie, Ensemble with Chad
- The Power of My Love - Chad, Jim Haller, Miss Sandra
- I Don't Want To - Chad
- Devil In Disguise – Matilda, Angels, Multiple Chads(Ensemble)
- There's Always Me - Sylvia
- If I Can Dream - Chad, Lorraine, Dean Hyde & Ensemble
- Can’t Help Falling in Love (Reprise) – Earl, Jim, Sylvia, Matilda
- Fools Fall in Love - Natalie & Company
- Burning Love - Chad, Miss Sandra, Dennis, Sheriff Earl, Mayor Matilda, Sylvia, Jim Haller, Dean Hyde, Lorraine, Natalie & Ensemble
- C'mon Everybody - (Encore) - Chad & Company
Thank you for your interest in Clarkson Music Theatre’s “All Shook Up”!
See you at Auditions!